1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Youths Taking A Stand

Discussion in 'General and Trending Stories' started by LadyDeath, Jul 10, 2009.

1. LadyDeath

LadyDeath Senior Marketing Officer
    Staff Member

Youths Today All over trinidad are taking a stand in doing something and getting into extra curricular activities. i solute them in trying to change trinidad and will be supporting them all they way. This little 8yr old girl going to hollywood to represenf trinidad in a dance competition and the eletric breakers are going also to one representing our country. Some of our indian dancers are also going to toronto canada to show off our talent . i really do hope they make it and try to change our country. cheers :Yea:

3. admin

admin Administrator
    Staff Member

How will that change the country it would not, People is trinidad reach to a point that if some people or someone is doing something good for the country or let me say "bigging up us" we don't care and we don't support them.

4. LadyDeath

Staff Member

Well Actually admin some of these members came out of places like Barataria and Laventille And Moruga And they said that they actually taking a stand for themselves and showing other youths that they can share positive energy by doing the things they love and supporting our country. They said that if the gov't cannot share it then they will . The electrik breakers the dance group had alot of support from people in the country admin when they held their fund raiser to get more than enough money to go las vegas.

5. RauCous

RauCous New Member

Youth taking a stand

Well it isn't bad and destructive is it? Though I belive if someone claims to care for the country it should show in their actions not everyone has to take such a forward approach. Their is room for militancy in the fight againts crime but with that you run the risk of becoming too preachy or becoming an extremist. Just like not everyone has to be an officer to enforce the law not everyone has to be strictly and blatantly anticrime. Too much emphasis on societal failure is just plain depressing. What these people doing just as important. They're showing how possible it is to live a fullfilling enjoyable and successful life outside of crime. It shows how much can still be achieved for those people who say the youth have no options.. the youth have lots of options.. some just short sighted.
    EDIT- What the... i dont type that slow lol. Yeah karina put it good there.

6. admin

admin Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes i understand but we as people of T&T don't take these things seriously, look at the female netball players they are doing so well hockey players same thing do we back these people no, we don't encourage our youths to shine, alot of people has potential and just need recognition and we are not supporting them.

7. Resha

Resha New Member

We have a hockey team? .... There are alot of talented youths out there but its the recognition they are not getting... Majority of things we learn comes from the media... If its not highlighted, we will be on aware of these youths.... And another issue is sponsers.... The youths with special talents can't do it on there own ,... They need the help from others...

but those who get throught , im pround off....

8. Resha

Resha New Member

Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs, says National Youth Month, being celebrated this month, is an opportune time to bring to the fore those positive stories so often sidelined. The five dreams of National Youth Month are:
    • The dream of business
    • The dream of empowerment
    • The dream of faith
    • The dream of participation
    • The dream of excellence

9. LadyDeath

Staff Member

I understand what you are trying to say admin that they do not have the support but its the little things that we do that does stand out. Yes the need support but some say if they are not getting it it doesn't even matter they would just go out and win it themselves

• About Us

TriniFans is the original Trinidad and Tobago Entertainment forum (Trini forum) featuring online discussions on a wide range of topics.
  • Like us on Facebook

follow us on facebook
  • Buy us a beer!

Have a Question / Issue / Report a Problem ? Then be free to contact us today!.

Click To Contact Us!