1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you date someone who's differently able

Discussion in 'General and Trending Stories' started by V2nr 3.0, Aug 17, 2014.

1. V2nr 3.0

V2nr 3.0 New Member

Yesterday in the garage a real "bess" thing came into the shop to do some checks on her car. Pretty eyes, pretty hair, pretty face and the body as we say in Trinidad and Tobago - "BESS". Upon leaving the shop, one of the guys commented that she has a prosthetic leg. To everyone's surprise we couldn't believe.

Would you date someone who's differently able ?

My response: Yes I would.

3. Sky22

Sky22 New Member

Yes i would. I have a family member who is differently able and he tries to do everything himself. Although he is in his 40's the man caught himself quite a catch and is now married and living happy. Sometimes these people are the most humblest of all and knows how to live happy.

4. BrotherHood

BrotherHood Member

let's face it. We live in a world where we sometimes have to interact with disabled PEOPLE. They are people too, just like us. As much as I, or anyone of us can try to not stigmatise, I guess it would depend on the disability. A prosthetic leg I can deal with.

5. LadyDeath

LadyDeath Senior Marketing Officer
    Staff Member

Differently able people are just like you and me but STRONGER! They have been faced with alot of challenges and the simplest things in life you or me would take for granted is a real challenge for them. I respect them and all they have been through.

Some people might date them and then there are others who think about themselves and rather not get into all that trouble. They don't want to live with someone who constantly needs help and have to go through all the health issues they are facing. I honestly think that when you fall in love with someone, it should not be because of looks "bess thing" , money or in this case a Disability. It should be because you can see through all these things and still love them for who they are. Love is being with someone despite all their challenges and 'baggage' . A disability doesn't make someone less of a human.

6. teagnie

teagnie Member

if i know before the date ..no i wount...but if i didnt know an i got to like the person...then i will continue to date the individual...but if i had a choice...no i wount....

• About Us

TriniFans is the original Trinidad and Tobago Entertainment forum (Trini forum) featuring online discussions on a wide range of topics.
  • Like us on Facebook

follow us on facebook
  • Buy us a beer!

Have a Question / Issue / Report a Problem ? Then be free to contact us today!.

Click To Contact Us!