1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do you think domestic violence is on the rise in T&T

Discussion in 'Society & Culture' started by LadyDeath, Oct 29, 2010.

1. LadyDeath

LadyDeath Senior Marketing Officer
    Staff Member

To me i think is because of

Wrong socialization or not enough- Parents in trini didnt teach their child the right morals and values
    Physiological trauma- seeing his parents being victims of this esp. mothers
    Movies- media influences everyone

3. admin

admin Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes it is, i would mainly blame the music, if you listen to dancehall these days all thing sing about is sexing women and treating them like whores. Now what do you expect the youths to thing they will grow up thinking that women are just tools that need to satisfy men. This country needs to do something about controlling the type of music we air on the radios

4. LadyDeath

LadyDeath Senior Marketing Officer
    Staff Member

The ting is advertisements on the radio now is sexually motivated as well.... gosh people like it as these things go unnoticed in our small country yes... i dont know why we cant buck up and do the right hting for futures to come

5. Resha

Resha New Member

DV in Trinidad is always going to be on arise until MEN appreciates women. Its my view that majority of Dv occur when the man is always at fault. The temperment of them seems to be always high. Drinking is a norm. Drugs an addiction. Advertisement plays a part too. Realise I only stress on men because they cause it, see and know the consequences of it and its past on to the next generation.

• About Us

TriniFans is the original Trinidad and Tobago Entertainment forum (Trini forum) featuring online discussions on a wide range of topics.
  • Like us on Facebook

follow us on facebook
  • Buy us a beer!

Have a Question / Issue / Report a Problem ? Then be free to contact us today!.

Click To Contact Us!