1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why Do Mechanics Often Drive "Junk" Cars?

Discussion in 'General Automobile Discussion' started by nirtime, Sep 24, 2015.

1. nirtime

nirtime Active Member

What's your take on why mechanics drive junk cars a lot of the times?

I must say, I never gave it much thought until I came across this video, which made sense and I agreed with it.

[video=youtube;An9FhvFb5M0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An9FhvFb5M0[/video]

3. nirtime

nirtime Active Member

I'm not too sure I understand you there Mad Racer but it makes some sense I suppose. They just want a car they can move around in that works I suppose.

4. grimreaper009

grimreaper009 Moderator
    Staff Member

it also either runs diesel or super lol with out hesitation.......so on a side note find my car being acting a bit funny lol so tank was decided to put premium and is like things disappear or maybe is just me will run some more and see yes

5. nirtime

nirtime Active Member

6. grimreaper009

grimreaper009 Moderator
    Staff Member

yea im like huh srs monitoring going on atm lol

7. anthonemorris

anthonemorris Member

Well I'm not a mechanic but of 3 vehicles I've owned so far, they've all been "fixer uppers". Usually we like to think we can handle the small fixes ourselves and that with a bit of wrench hours it will be in a place where nobody can touch it. Unfortunately not everything goes to plan

8. nirtime

nirtime Active Member

That's a good point Anthone. Some of them like Eric The Car Guy don't actually care too much about how it looks, to him the worn down appearance gives the car a stealth feel since its mechanically sound.

9. LadyDeath

LadyDeath Senior Marketing Officer
    Staff Member

i know a popular V8 mechanic who only drives junk cars and refuse to buy a new car. He says he believe in the saying "old is gold" and still argues the point that no new car can touch the old ones.
    He also says there is something about driving a car that is mechanically working good. Exterior doesn't matter apparently

• About Us

TriniFans is the original Trinidad and Tobago Entertainment forum (Trini forum) featuring online discussions on a wide range of topics.
  • Like us on Facebook

follow us on facebook
  • Buy us a beer!

Have a Question / Issue / Report a Problem ? Then be free to contact us today!.

Click To Contact Us!