1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Violence on TV/music lyrics

Discussion in 'Society & Culture' started by admin, Apr 18, 2010.

1. admin

admin Administrator
    Staff Member

Do you think that the increasing prevalence of violence on TV and in the lyrics of popular music has contributed significantly to the increase in violent crimes on our streets, in our homes and in our schools?

3. TFM

TFM New Member

Yes and no. Yes, some songs make it cool to be violent and discriminate against other groups or encourage certain habits to develop but these songs aren't physically forcing these kids to act out. Other people listen to these songs and still live productive lives. They're simply acting out because they get away with it. Of course, that is just my opinion.

4. ArbiterOfTruth

ArbiterOfTruth New Member

It shouldn't but some people are going to use them as scapegoats for their behavior. I reject that thought process completely.

5. LadyDeath

LadyDeath Senior Marketing Officer
    Staff Member

Erm i 100% agree every tv show every song influence people. Especially this GAZA GULLY thing of course and also what they watch on tv eg. the music videos contribute alot . the reason why i believe this is because i have too many boys i know (not calling names) that follow this kinda behaviour

• About Us

TriniFans is the original Trinidad and Tobago Entertainment forum (Trini forum) featuring online discussions on a wide range of topics.
  • Like us on Facebook

follow us on facebook
  • Buy us a beer!

Have a Question / Issue / Report a Problem ? Then be free to contact us today!.

Click To Contact Us!