1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Universal Air Condition Compressor

Discussion in 'Auto Modifications Section' started by LadyDeath, Mar 10, 2015.

1. LadyDeath

LadyDeath Senior Marketing Officer
    Staff Member

I need to replace my air condition compressor , however someone told me to save the trouble of finding an original and just buy a Universal .

A universal compressor can replace your original however, some modifications need to be done to get it to fit e.g. some have to build a bracket for it.

What's the price it going at in the bamboo? Might go looking for one weekend

3. BrotherHood

BrotherHood Member

Compressor is money. You looking at upwards of $1500.
    You can even get one brand new. About $2200. Check 5 Star Cooling in Charlieville... 713-2665. They are located a couple buildings on the right heading south after ASJA College/Road on Caroni Savannah Road.

4. nirtime

nirtime Active Member

You can buy a replacement compressor that may be available but I'm not very familiar with European cars to truly advise you best.

All I can say is: if its not a direct replacement it may never allow the AC to the cool like it originally did, it may require modification to the wiring at the compressor as well.

My dad paid $1800 after taxes and duties to buy a UAC direct replacement compressor once, so look around and see whats available online.

• About Us

TriniFans is the original Trinidad and Tobago Entertainment forum (Trini forum) featuring online discussions on a wide range of topics.
  • Like us on Facebook

follow us on facebook
  • Buy us a beer!

Have a Question / Issue / Report a Problem ? Then be free to contact us today!.

Click To Contact Us!