1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tips to Keep Any Vehicle Looking Nice

Discussion in 'Accessories / ICE / Car Care' started by nirtime, May 29, 2015.

1. nirtime

nirtime Active Member

Here are some tips to keep your car/van/truck/suv/insert vehicle type here looking nice:

-Wash Weekly
    -Use 2 bucket wash method
    -Clean out under wheel wells
    -Degrease and coat rims
    -Keep a wax or two layered over the clear coat
    -Vacuum as often as necessary
    -Wipe out and clean interior weekly as well
    -Clean engine once with a strong degreaser if necessary and use a gentler mix more frequently to keep the engine clean
    -Coat engine with a speed detailer(dressing) of choice.
    -Coat trims and plastics with a protectant of choice. Especially if you have a new Kia or other vehicle with a lot of unpainted black plastic trims to the bottom.
    -Coat tires with dressing to retain black look.

And most importantly exercise common sense in transporting anything at all in the vehicle. Try to keep an old sheet or something in the trunk so you don't dirty the trunk mat or back seats.

3. Shadowhunter

Shadowhunter Active Member

This is excellent! I'm liking this post when the feature comes back lol Very concise and informative!

4. LadyDeath

LadyDeath Senior Marketing Officer
    Staff Member

- To also avoid people from leaning/ sitting on your vehicle to prevent scratching or denting .
    - To wash off dirt properly from your vehicle before applying soap mix with a cloth. Sharp dirt particles can get stuck on the cloth and scratch your paint .
    - To also secure hub caps with tie straps or reinforce them properly to avoid them from being stolen or lost .

5. nirtime

nirtime Active Member

Two bucket wash method covers the particulate scratching far more in depth. Check it out, you may find it interesting.

6. LadyDeath

LadyDeath Senior Marketing Officer
    Staff Member

Thank you very much , i will def have a look at it

7. nirtime

nirtime Active Member

For anyone who wants a starter on a new car or paint thats decent, here is what I use:
    -Simple Green car wash or Mother's California Gold with 2 bucket method works well to wash off surface contaminants safely.
    -Put down Mother's FX Synwax for 3 months of protection.
    -Layer Mother's Step 3 Pure Carnauba over this for brilliance without question.

This is what I used successfully on two vehicles over the past five months or so. I plan on switching to some online only products but for average use, the synwax and pure carnauba combo makes for a really nice water repelling and easily cleaned/protected painted surface. I can easily go 3 months without having to wax again and I only use the Pure Carnauba when I want to get a somewhat-wet looking shine.

8. BrotherHood

BrotherHood Member

Where u bought the Mother's FX Synwax?

9. nirtime

nirtime Active Member

Price Club supermarket in Chaguanas. I have since bought Rejex an excellent paint sealant that lasts 6 months, provides better shine and ridiculous water repellency. Its also cheaper than the synwax.

10. nirtime

nirtime Active Member

It's nice to have you posting madracer, wondered where you were for so long lol.

yes of course it is important to take care of the rest of the vehicle too!

11. SpecR

SpecR New Member

Yuh kno I neva try d 2 bucket method, I now hearin bout dat for d first time. hmm I go try

• About Us

TriniFans is the original Trinidad and Tobago Entertainment forum (Trini forum) featuring online discussions on a wide range of topics.
  • Like us on Facebook

follow us on facebook
  • Buy us a beer!

Have a Question / Issue / Report a Problem ? Then be free to contact us today!.

Click To Contact Us!