1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Secret Life of an American Teenager

Discussion in 'General and Trending Stories' started by candy8998, Jun 13, 2009.

1. candy8998

candy8998 New Member

I don't know how many of you follow up with this abc family's hit series, The Secret Life of an American Teenager [i don't] but it's about a 15yr old girl who had s-e-x for the 1st time with a guy named Ricky and then became pregnant. After she started dating her boyfriend Ben, she wanted to marry him, so she tried to convince him to have sex with her so she could tell him that the baby was his. She didn't think that Ricky would want to marry her, but Ben found out and they still decided to tell their parents that the baby was theirs. They both got married but it wasn't legal because they were underage, had fake ids, and their parents didn't give them permission to. Amy decided to keep her baby and would raise him with the help of Ricky and Ben. Now this is not the only drama in the show, other girls she goes to school with has drama of their own to, i.e Adrian, who has a weird on and off relationship with Ricky, who also falls in love with her step brother, she had oral s-3-x with Jack to make Ricky jealous which made Jack and Grace break up, she was then jealous because of Ricky and Grace's relationship but then Grace and Adrian became close friends.

In essence of all that I've said, I'd like to add my opinion now. Many people think that this show is educational and can give pointers to preteens, or can open a doorway for teenagers and parents to have that "discussion" Well to me, i think this show is just telling 15yr olds and teenagers as whole, that it is ok to have s-e-x, and it would be ok if you become pregnant because your parents would support you. I think that the only "pointers" this show is pointing to, is that it's normal for young girls to have sex get pregnant and try to act like everything is fine as if they didn't commit a sin, even if she decides to keep the baby! Also, i believe that this show is stereotypical , because it portrays all these teenagers having s-e-x which makes it look like everyone's having s-e-x these days which really isn't true! In real life it's nothing like this, because two people are having s-e-x it feels like everyone is when really its a trick of the mind, because we can't tell what's going on in anyone's life unless they themselves tell.

What are your views on this??

3. LadyDeath

LadyDeath Senior Marketing Officer
    Staff Member

In my opinion its really modern day..i do not think its educational because in the first part it is saying to me that it is right for both 3 of them to raise the child , the other part says that it is right to have sexual relations and become intimate for your family members which is disgusting, i agree that it portrays that its right to have sex these days and most teens blah blah and this is not right for children to watch but on the other side people might have different views on letting their kids watch it to see what kinda stupidness children do these days and to learn from that but when you are eventually watching it..it leads to other thinking

4. RauCous

RauCous New Member

Too much meaningless drama is what ruins this shows karma. It's frustrating what some shows do just to maintain ratings. They're more efficent ways of education and if this one's information is deficient its just another sensationalist show. Real life has ample examples of moral corruption in any population sample... kids hooked on copulation screwing up their lives strange practices among husbands and wives. The world is a cesspool of moral degradation and things like this that glorify it desensities the upcoming generations.

• About Us

TriniFans is the original Trinidad and Tobago Entertainment forum (Trini forum) featuring online discussions on a wide range of topics.
  • Like us on Facebook

follow us on facebook
  • Buy us a beer!

Have a Question / Issue / Report a Problem ? Then be free to contact us today!.

Click To Contact Us!