1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supercars in Trinidad and Tobago

Discussion in 'General Automobile Discussion' started by Mr.Bollywood, Jun 9, 2014.

?

Does it make sense????

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

100.0%
  1. Mr.Bollywood

Mr.Bollywood New Member

so my fellow forum addicts, what do you guys think about the fact that Trinidad and Tobago is filling up with alot of high end Supercars? what are your views on the practicality , and the fact that Trinidad and Tobago really hasn't got the facilities, nor the roadways for such cars to roam free,

what are your views on the matter?

honestly if i had the money , i would do the same, once the roadways are fixed and can support such cars.

otherwise i'll just fassup ah car and done with that!

Attached Files:

3. admin

admin Administrator
    Staff Member

Its a both yes and no answer i really believe people in Trinidad and Tobago buy a vehicle for its looks and branding more than its purpose of use. A man will buy an expensive Lamborghini mainly because of its scarcity and how its out of the reach of 97% of the popular even knowing we don't have the roads in Trinidad for it.

4. Mr.Bollywood

Mr.Bollywood New Member

very true, but to say that you've bought a Lamborghini just for the fact of its rarity , is the wrong reason for purchasing a car on the whole

imagine saying this to anyone that you know ," yes i have a Lamborghini , but i can't drive it!" what will be the purpose then of the lambo? to be parked up and admired , even as a "Sunday Car" it makes a bit of sense, but the places you can go with that car, is very limited in this country!

5. Sky22

Sky22 New Member

No i will not buy a super car if i had the chance..There are no proper roads for that in Trinidad , too many potholes, wasa digging up too many roads , uneven patched roads and too many cars causing traffic..

6. Mr.Bollywood

Mr.Bollywood New Member

thats absolutely correct, no sort of facilities to support these types of cars, if you do decide to buy one , and use it as a daily , can you imagine how much money you're going to be spending on maintenance?

7. Sky22

Sky22 New Member

Imagine in rush hour traffic your foot have to be on that clutch! Or have to drive pretty slow because you're afraid of accelerating and causing an accident.. Not me nah!

8. Mr.Bollywood

Mr.Bollywood New Member

hahah we already have those problems with some of the modified cars in trinidad, remember the white gallardo incident?

9. Sky22

Sky22 New Member

Yup and i heard on the papers it was his bro-in-laws car too eh! Just now we having the laser speed gun to be used by the popo ..then what? do you think that can be a deterrent for the importation of racing cars?

10. Steven Ramadar

What is the sense in buying a 'supercar' . You can't drive it due to WASA roads. Trini people like to hate so they gonna be scraping up your car and doing everything to deter you from owning the car

11. Sky22

Sky22 New Member

My friend's BMW coupe was recently keyed in Price Plaza and there was no camera to see who did it .. Even though its not classified as a super car , its just an example of the kind of minds we have in this country

12. Steven Ramadar

Down to my B15 getting keyed all over the place...btw putting it up for sale in case someone want a lil fixer upper(no major issues).

13. MangaAddict

MangaAddict New Member

You wouldn't believe, as I started reading this, the first thought that popped in my head was thinking that if I parked my brand new supercar somewhere, it would get keyed. lmao. Sad..... But with WASA roads, (lol) traffic, and Trini drivers (taxi/maxi drivers, I'm looking at you) it really doesn't make any sense!

14. Steven Ramadar

Trinidadian mentality- You could afford something I can't, so **** you Imma key your car

15. Mr.Bollywood

Mr.Bollywood New Member

exactly! another incident to remember is the Audi R8 thats no more due to an over zealous attempt to 'Drift' around the corner on the avenue! to impress a date, LOL Dont get me wrong eh, im not hating on these people, i admire the fact that they worked hard and brought in the car of their dreams, but if i was rich enough, i would first donate to pave over the roads, and then get the dream car! but until then i rather roll with my little put put car

16. Steven Ramadar

Do that and I voting for you. But kamla might use that to buy rum

17. Mr.Bollywood

Mr.Bollywood New Member

hahaha I would surely do that! if I get the support and funding for a party, I surely will try my best to repave every Road in Trinidad, but first, ill let wasa run an analysis for EVERY pipe borne water supply, let them rectify the problems when the roads are being repaved, so no need to dig up the new roadways, and trust me I have family working Wasa and some family who doing engineering, and everyone saying that they playing the fool with respect to proper water supply and good roadways!

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

18. Steven Ramadar

I didn't need WASA workers or engineers to tell me that lol. UNC run this country down to the ground

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

19. Mr.Bollywood

Mr.Bollywood New Member

ent, just imagine you in your Lamborghini aventador coming down the highway at 240kmh and hit a pot hole in the highway?

20. Steven Ramadar

Anyhow you take it with bumper to bumper traffic these days you can't even hit a good 140 on the highway during the day [emoji19]

21. Sky22

Sky22 New Member

Yup and in the night when we finally driving a little fast people think you want to race or the popo stopping yuh backside :x .. Recently a co worker of mines was driving to work and his car hit a pothole and damage both tires and rims.. wrecker had to pick him up yes ! smh

• About Us

TriniFans is the original Trinidad and Tobago Entertainment forum (Trini forum) featuring online discussions on a wide range of topics.
  • Like us on Facebook

follow us on facebook
  • Buy us a beer!

Have a Question / Issue / Report a Problem ? Then be free to contact us today!.

Click To Contact Us!