1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remove ALL Pokéstops from Churches IMMEDIATELY!

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by admin, Sep 10, 2016.

1. admin

admin Administrator
    Staff Member

So it have a group with over 15,000 members in the USA and around the world saying that Pokemon Go is the Devil's game. They started a Petition to remove All pokestops from Churches just look at what they wrote in the petition.

What are you views on this?

maxresdefault.jpg

https://www.change.org/p/niantic-ni...emove-all-pokéstops-from-churches-immediately

3. SPECIES

SPECIES Head Moderator
    Staff Member

I think there is some kind of truth to this because there explanation can be given as to why ALL places of worship are (also) used as Pokestops.

It is clearly to make a mockery of all religions since some people will visit these places with the sole purpose of playing a video game. While the other religious visitors will get distracted from their prayer/concentration and either be playing the game or thinking about playing the game.

I believe that the rumors behind the atheist belief of the developer (and his intentions) has some truth to it.

4. LadyDeath

LadyDeath Senior Marketing Officer
    Staff Member

In the USA churches are used as a safe haven and often has visitors. I think they put them there because they knew it represents a neutral ground and players are always welcomed. However, it can be seen as a bad thing in times of prayer/mass where it can serve as a distraction.

5. SPECIES

SPECIES Head Moderator
    Staff Member

I hear your point on the 'safe haven' aspect, but they are also using all other religious places of worship such as Temples and Mosques around the world.
    So many other "places of interest" can be used, I personally find it disrespectful to all religions. Just an opinion for thought.

6. admin

admin Administrator
    Staff Member

The reason why the pokestops were placed on the churches were because Niantic the creator of Pokemon Go also created a previous game named Ingress.
    The Ingress game used churches for their landmarks and they used that data for the Pokemon Game as same as the Augmented Reality (AR).

7. SPECIES

SPECIES Head Moderator
    Staff Member

That still doesn't give a reasonable explanation for using ALL religious places to worship to start with, regardless of what game it is.

• About Us

TriniFans is the original Trinidad and Tobago Entertainment forum (Trini forum) featuring online discussions on a wide range of topics.
  • Like us on Facebook

follow us on facebook
  • Buy us a beer!

Have a Question / Issue / Report a Problem ? Then be free to contact us today!.

Click To Contact Us!