1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Public or Private Healthcare

Discussion in 'Health Care & Wellness' started by Steven Ramadar, Jul 3, 2014.

1. MangaAddict

MangaAddict New Member

Thanks LadyD, I am feeling much better. My wife also has an astigmatism, in both her eyes, I believe. She went to Value optical...total waste, but then checked Ferreira Optical (believe it's this one, closest to the elevators) in Gulf City. Their prices are the best we've come across and they have contacts that can help correct astigmatism. My wife said it helped her, you can probably give them a call.

#21 MangaAddict, Oct 31, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  2. LadyDeath

LadyDeath Senior Marketing Officer
    Staff Member

Thanks for the Info man! Insurance doesn't cover the surgery because apparently wanting to correct your eye sight from degrading is classified as "Cosmetic" procedures. STEUPS! i will give them a call . I have heard from one of my friends that her sister in law went and did the surgery down here and it was awful. She had to continuously go back to the hospital.

3. MangaAddict

MangaAddict New Member

What? Sorry to hear that Health insurance has soo many loopholes, you have to always read the fine print...smh.

4. Shadowhunter

Shadowhunter Active Member

Every single one of my experiences in public health care has been terrible, about half of them extremely traumatic, one of them with physical repercussions I have to live with for the rest of my life. Nurses, doctors, and administrative staff all forget that patients have rights too. There are big signs in Sando "No abuse of staff is tolerated" but the staff is given quite a lot of room to abuse who they want and quality assurance will not file complaint reports unless they feel like it. My experiences in Ptown are no better. From what I've seen and experienced, the only people who get truly good service are those who have a contact inside to pull strings or those who have a big mouth (lawyer in the back pocket helps too).

5. MangaAddict

MangaAddict New Member

Agreed Shadowhunter, the nurses and general staff at the hospitals are usually rude and very outta timing.

6. Shadowhunter

Shadowhunter Active Member

Yep. I had one experience in St. Clair and the speed, courtesy, professionalism, and quality of staff was impeccable! Thought for a minute I woke up in another country lol

7. MangaAddict

MangaAddict New Member

St. Clair's staff was exceptional. I have no complaints, wish the public hospitals would follow suit.

• About Us

TriniFans is the original Trinidad and Tobago Entertainment forum (Trini forum) featuring online discussions on a wide range of topics.
  • Like us on Facebook

follow us on facebook
  • Buy us a beer!

Have a Question / Issue / Report a Problem ? Then be free to contact us today!.

Click To Contact Us!