1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Machel Montano

Discussion in 'General and Trending Stories' started by madsuya, Jan 30, 2013.

1. madsuya

madsuya New Member

TSTT has severed its sponsorship relationship with reigning Soca Monarch and Road March king, Machel Montano......TSTT board, chaired by former Commissioner of Police Everad Snaggs, met last week and decided to end the telecommunication company’s sponsorship of Montano’s 2013 shows and performances.....including his scheduled Soca B Square performance at Woodford Square in Port-of-Spain today.....

Initially, Magistrate Maureen Baboolal-Gafoor had adjourned Montano’s sentencing to January 17, but when the matter was heard on that day.....the magistrate deferred sentencing until February 25.....TSTT had sponsored Montano at least since 2006......during which time the company spent millions of dollars defraying the soca artiste’s stage production expenses in exchange for Montano appearing in TSTT advertisements........

T&T’s most popular soca artiste since Superblue was in his prime, Montano is seeking to defend his Power Soca Monarch and Road March titles this year with the biggest threat coming from a rejuvenated Superblue, with his 2013 hit Fantastic Friday. Montano, 38, has been at the forefront of soca for 30 years......

3. admin

admin Administrator
    Staff Member

Its good!, how can a company endorse a man who is charged with a crime to promote their product. What i don't like is why the courts keep on putting off the matter after carnival. Make an example out of him, so just because he's a famous person in Trinidad and Tobago we should go easy on him, never.

4. madsuya

madsuya New Member

A smaller crowd turned out yesterday at Woodford Square, Port of Spain, on day three of the annual Carnival 2013 Soca in bSquare concert. The show dubbed "Powder Wednesday" remained free of the "Fog Man" Machel Montano after the board of State-owned TSTT decided to suspend the company's relationship with the soca artiste......
    Montano, says he's focused on his upcoming album and annual concert, Machel Monday, and will not be distracted by Telecommunication Services of Trinidad and Tobago's (TSTT) decision to sever its sponsorship relationship with him.....
    Scheduled to perform at the annual 'Soca in bSquare' free midday concert yesterday, Montano was instead replaced by KI & JMC 3Veni and D Unit Band, even as TSTT sent out an official release about the decision to the media......
    Montano said his job is to "stay focused to make people jump, dance and smile" and added that he is focused on making sure that his Machelements album will be out on "Machel Monday" (February 4).....
    he has been connected to the bmobile brand from as far back as 2006 and even signed a brand new endorsement deal with the company last year......

5. LadyDeath

LadyDeath Senior Marketing Officer
    Staff Member

alot of people are against the law when it comes to machel montano decision by the court to be postponed after carnival ..To some people he is an ambassador to the country and doing that on carnival is a big let down on the other hand many think this is the right time for justice to be served...

6. madsuya

madsuya New Member

Machel splits Soca Monarch title with SuperBlue
    The much anticipated clash between soca heavyweights Austin "SuperBlue" Lyons and Machel Montano at Friday's Play Whe International Power Soca Monarch produced a result that most did not expect.......
    Machel urged his supporters to get off the ground and float in his delivery of "Float" while SuperBlue, who had the crowd chanting his name long before he took to the stage, had patrons bouncing to his aptly titled piece, "Fantastic Friday."......
    Machel did not encounter such stiff competition in the Digicel International Groovy Soca Monarch as he successfully defended his title.......

Power Soca Monarch
    1. Austin "SuperBlue" Lyons
    1. Machel Montano
    3. Rodney "Benjai" Le Blanc

Groovy Soca Monarch
    1. Machel Montano
    2. Neil "Iwer" Goerge
    3. Dexter "Blaxx" Stewar
    4. Ravi B

7. madsuya

madsuya New Member

As February 25 sentencing approaches Machel expresses regret to victims of assault outside nightclub:
    Soca star Machel Montano has apologised to the assault victims involved in the fracas outside a nightclub in Port of Spain in April 2007.....Montano was last weekend able to take his mind away from the stage and Carnival 2013...."Now that it has all come to an end," he said, "I take the time to reflect and I admit it has been an emotionally demanding year for me, to say the least. I travelled to different continents to record, completed two albums, toured the world and dealt with the unfortunate five-year court case before me. I am grateful to my family, friends, fans and well-wishers for all the support I have received...."I'd like to express my regret and apologise to the victims and their families for the series of events that have affected their lives over the past few years. The actions on that day five years ago have produced unintended consequences and for that I am deeply sorry. My hope is that we learn from this unfortunate incident and become pillars in our communities to ensure these calamities never happen again.".......
    "What an amazing season it was!" he said. "Great music and art from all. There were many great songs from all the known soca stars and also the up and coming artistes like Cassie, Lyrikal, Yankey Boy, KI, Ravi B and more, which added great flavour to Carnival 2013. I am humbled that after more than 30 years of being in the public eye, I can still be relevant and also help support the talent and future of our music.".......
    Montano also extended congratulations to Road March winner Austin "SuperBlue" Lyons....
    "As I reflect on my season, I am very happy to have retained my titles in the Power Soca Monarch (which he shared with SuperBlue) and the Groovy Soca Monarch. I thank my entire team for making this dream a reality. The Power was quite a challenge and I salute SuperBlue for giving me a gladiator-like battle. It was great fun for me. As for the Road March, I say hats off to Super. We were all moved by his return to competition and performances. He is an iconic legend and deserving of all the fruits of his labour. I am truly happy for him," Montano said.......

• About Us

TriniFans is the original Trinidad and Tobago Entertainment forum (Trini forum) featuring online discussions on a wide range of topics.
  • Like us on Facebook

follow us on facebook
  • Buy us a beer!

Have a Question / Issue / Report a Problem ? Then be free to contact us today!.

Click To Contact Us!