1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dr Wayne Kublalsingh

Discussion in 'General and Trending Stories' started by madsuya, Nov 25, 2012.

1. madsuya

madsuya New Member

Is environmentalist Dr Wayne Kublalsingh fooling the nation?
    National Security Minister Jack Warner believes so and is calling on journalists to find out exactly what Kublalsingh is doing between the hours of 6 p.m. and 6 a.m.....Kublalsingh, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., for the past week, has been camping outside the Prime Minister's St Clair office on a hunger strike against the Debe to Mon Desir section of the Point Fortin Highway.
    He says he is not ingesting food or water until the Prime Minister appoints an independent committee to review the section of the highway....On Friday, as he marked his ninth hunger strike day, Kublalsingh was hospitalised at the St Clair Medical Centre where he received fluids intravenously—he has since been released and was resting to return to the Prime Minister's office tomorrow....buh he stays at homes with swimming pools to rehydrate his body by swimming...
    "Connect the dots; a fellah doesn't eat food or drink water for ten days and is alive and kicking and swimming...you ask yourself the question," said Warner....
    Shortly before noon yesterday, environmental activist Dr Wayne Kublalsingh was discharged from the St Clair Medical Centre in St Clair...They administered IV (intravenous) fluids specifically to flush his kidneys. Tests were done, and it was agreed that because of the level of deterioration, the safest course of action was the IV...Kublalsingh began his hunger strike to protest the continued work on the Debe to Mon Desir portion of the highway to Point Fortin project!!!
    re-hydrate in a pool.
    drips FOOD intravenously

3. LadyDeath

LadyDeath Senior Marketing Officer
    Staff Member

I think what Doctor Wayne is doing is quite remarkable HOWEVER Is things like CRIME ,KIDNAPPING , ABUSE , DOMESTIC VIOLENCE , WOMEN OPPRESSION one supposed to be doing this for !

I understand that this is where people's homes are being destroyed, their livelihoods, their memories , the land their ancestors left behind , the historical background and also so many years spend sacrificing to build it ... I have read that many people who have moved out are still awaiting compensation from the government..

I think the government should hold a meeting with each one of the families and please come to a bargaining .. Talk to the people with understanding and consideration..This is their livelihoods and their entire life at stake.Don't do what you usually do and screw them over .WE ARE ALL HUMANS !

4. madsuya

madsuya New Member

Dr Kublalsingh is expected has enter day 12 of his hunger strike action outside the Prime Minister's office in St Clair....buh he moves to location on Gray Street, St. Clair, to continue public hunger strike as police cordon off area in front of PM Office....an Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar said she would not give into the demands of hunger striker Dr Wayne Kublalsingh...

5. LadyDeath

LadyDeath Senior Marketing Officer
    Staff Member

now he is on his 14th day and i heard that his family members were caught on camera having a rift ! so sorry it had to come to that i just really hope the PM can do what she said and hurry up with those research papers already!

6. madsuya

madsuya New Member

Dr Wayne Kublalsingh today refused all medical aid.....even his own private ambulance as he embarked on day 19 of his hunger strike action....also Human rights activist Ishmael Samad was detained by police earlier today for attempting to make a citizen's arrest of environmentalist Dr Wayne Kublalsingh at his hunger strike camp on Gray Street in St Clair.
    The reports are that Samad approached Kublalsingh who was lying on his gurney and made an attempt to pull him off. However, Kublalsingh supporters intervened sparking a confrontation with Samad.
    Police quickly stepped in and detained Samad to appease the situation. He has since been taken to the Port of Spain Criminal Investigation Department for further questioning....

7. madsuya

madsuya New Member

ENVIRONMENTAL activist and leader of the Highway Re-Route Movement Dr Wayne Kublalsingh yesterday admitted that after he ended his hunger strike outside the office of Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar 12 days ago....he ate too much too fast......
    Kublalsingh said the consumption of solid foods....after he ate nothing for 21 days....led to an adverse effect on his body when he should have stuck to a liquid diet....
    "I started off eating too fast. I ate too many things too fast. I needed to have a more liquid diet, soups and so on, for a longer period. I did it (a liquid diet) for one week. I think I should have probably done it for a longer period. It caused some swelling in the joints," he said.....
    "I need to stay indoors and do some reading of some documentation for the review committee. We need to prepare a team of experts, our presentation, and a team from the Highway Re-Route Movement to present our views to the committee. We don't have a deadline, but we need to do it as soon as possible," he said.....

Work on the contentious parts of the highway is expected to include only earth preparation and grubbing works, and no land acquisition until the committee's review is finalised.

• About Us

TriniFans is the original Trinidad and Tobago Entertainment forum (Trini forum) featuring online discussions on a wide range of topics.
  • Like us on Facebook

follow us on facebook
  • Buy us a beer!

Have a Question / Issue / Report a Problem ? Then be free to contact us today!.

Click To Contact Us!