1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Android TV Boxes?

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology' started by nirtime, Jan 11, 2016.

1. nirtime

nirtime Active Member

Anyone has/played with one of the android tv boxes?

I played with a high end box and think its a great concept. Kodi can be outfitted with numerous addons to create a cable cutting experience. All be it, it has some issues with the streams from what I've seen. It also runs android and can be outfitted with any android app from the playstore. Youtube works great on it.

By using an EPG such as THe King TV Guide or Renegade Guide, it is possible to view the TV Guide and browse through channels, a pretty interesting concept I think.

Will update this thread with more info as time goes by.

3. grimreaper009

grimreaper009 Moderator
    Staff Member

Lol I see that as the only best part of the android boxes with the side loading of apps have see kodi on a android tablet n that on a tv makes sense in my book lol

4. nirtime

nirtime Active Member

So an update to my OP and to grim.

Kodi makes the most sense on a big screen, I tried running it on a 1080p 5.2" screen and it was simply too small to read/comfortably use.

The King TV Guide seems to be having some issues, unsure if it's my box alone or what but Renegade works quite well and so does CcloudTV. Ccloud has pretty much the latest movies along with iStream downloader. The quality of the movies actually are often in HD with AAC audio playback. Not bad.

5. rcollin

rcollin New Member

I have a WeTek Play 2, and I love it. Affordable and supports 4k.

• About Us

TriniFans is the original Trinidad and Tobago Entertainment forum (Trini forum) featuring online discussions on a wide range of topics.
  • Like us on Facebook

follow us on facebook
  • Buy us a beer!

Have a Question / Issue / Report a Problem ? Then be free to contact us today!.

Click To Contact Us!