• LoginRegister

Username:

Password:

Green Dot Digital TV Service

Discuss Internet Services Tstt, Flow, Greendot, Blink or just
anything internet related

Re: Green Dot Digital TV Service

Postby Wyspa » 14 Jun 2010 12:14

cool3ni wrote:I have it for just about a year now,I wouldn't go as far as saying it alot better then DTV but it does have alot less spanish.Channels are crystal clear alot better than FLOW,there is however some volume variation on some channels but that's very minor.Sometimes a few channels do go down but that does not happen very often,mostly when the weather is really bad,but their packages are way better than what TSTT is offering both in price and value.The only problem I have with them is that I can't seem to get my box configured to get closed captioning on my tv,for which they are still looking into the problem for me.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you there Cool3ni... I've been following TSTT's launch of their digital TV service.. In my humble opinion, TSTT's Blink Entertainment has Green Dot beat in terms of packages, and pricing. TSTT's has a "Lite" package with cost around $80-$100 TT per month. You get pretty much a good mix of Network channels like FOX, NBC, CBS etc. and local channels.. its pretty basic. but for basic package that cost $199.00 per month? They got Green Dot by the balls with that one... Go check it out at www.blinkentertainment.tt for more info.. plus there Double Play/ Triple Play packages are great on value.
Those darn aliens and their moon rock trade!!!
Wyspa
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby cool3ni » 14 Jun 2010 22:13

Wyspa wrote:
cool3ni wrote:I have it for just about a year now,I wouldn't go as far as saying it alot better then DTV but it does have alot less spanish.Channels are crystal clear alot better than FLOW,there is however some volume variation on some channels but that's very minor.Sometimes a few channels do go down but that does not happen very often,mostly when the weather is really bad,but their packages are way better than what TSTT is offering both in price and value.The only problem I have with them is that I can't seem to get my box configured to get closed captioning on my tv,for which they are still looking into the problem for me.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you there Cool3ni... I've been following TSTT's launch of their digital TV service.. In my humble opinion, TSTT's Blink Entertainment has Green Dot beat in terms of packages, and pricing. TSTT's has a "Lite" package with cost around $80-$100 TT per month. You get pretty much a good mix of Network channels like FOX, NBC, CBS etc. and local channels.. its pretty basic. but for basic package that cost $199.00 per month? They got Green Dot by the balls with that one... Go check it out at http://www.blinkentertainment.tt for more info.. plus there Double Play/ Triple Play packages are great on value.

Well I was just speaking from my experience with greendot,since I got around 50 channels for $1000 for the year which works out to the same price the the lite package that TSTT has.
cool3ni
Red Bull Drinker
Red Bull Drinker

Postby Resha » 01 Jul 2010 15:23

Well i switch from DTV to Green Dot.... According to the tech. the area I live mit not be impossible to get signal for GD but after putting up a seriously long pole on the roof, we got signal.... So far Its ture what cool3ni said that its crystal clear screen, volume variation, still have some spanish but only in the advertisments, otherwise its good so far....
How do you hold on to someone you've never met?
Resha
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby admin » 02 Jul 2010 14:29

i planning to get greendot but i want to check if blink entertainment is available where i live
admin
Hokage
Hokage

Postby cool3ni » 03 Jul 2010 23:59

Resha wrote:Well i switch from DTV to Green Dot.... According to the tech. the area I live mit not be impossible to get signal for GD but after putting up a seriously long pole on the roof, we got signal.... So far Its ture what cool3ni said that its crystal clear screen, volume variation, still have some spanish but only in the advertisments, otherwise its good so far....

You'll tell me if you get through with closed captioning.
cool3ni
Red Bull Drinker
Red Bull Drinker

Postby cool3ni » 10 Dec 2010 22:07

The Telecom Authority of Trinidad & Tobago (TATT) has recently issued instructions to all Cable TV operators within Trinidad & Tobago to cease the broadcast of the movie channels Starz and Showtime. Green Dot Limited (GDL) has strongly opposed this for a number of reasons, the most prevalent being:

1. Both Starz and Showtime have not given rights for broadcast within the Caribbean – most likely due to the fact that they consider the region too small and insignificant.

2. The majority of other Caribbean territories and their Citizens currently do and will continue to enjoy these premium movie channels and as such this instruction is being enforced for Trinidad & Tobago only.

3. There are alternate solutions to resolving the situation but in our opinion all these have not been explored prior to the instruction being issued.

The instruction from TATT states that all cable TV operators must terminate the broadcast of both channels by December 31st 2010. As much as we disagree, GDL is left with no choice but to comply with this and hence will cease to broadcast both channels on this date.

GDL continues to challenge this decision with TATT and also the Minister of Public Administration, however as of this date the challenges have been futile. In the interest of the Citizens of T&T, we encourage you to direct all concerns on this subject to the Telecommunications Authority of Trinidad and Tobago and also the Ministry responsible for this sector:

Mr. Cris Seecheran
Executive Director
Telecommunications Authority of Trinidad and Tobago
#5, Eighth Avenue Extension, off Twelfth Street
Barataria
Tel : 675 8288, 221-8288 Senator the Honourable R. Nan Ramgoolam
Minister, Ministry of Public Administration
Level 5-7 National Library Building
Corner Hart and Abercromby Streets
Port of Spain
Tel : 623 6724

We apologize for the disruption to your viewing, however, GDL are actively looking to finalize contracts and negotiations with other content providers and will be adding further channels in due course. We are also in the midst of negotiations with HBO that provide Premium movie content however these channels will incur a separate charge. GDL will update in due course.
cool3ni
Red Bull Drinker
Red Bull Drinker

Postby admin » 30 May 2013 10:41

I'm thinking about getting green dot Rather than direct tv unless someone tell me otherwise.
admin
Hokage
Hokage

Postby Resha » 08 Jul 2013 10:56

Yep green dot is much better than direct tv.. Dtv had alot of spanish rather than green dot.. The only problem is that the service scrambles alot when rain falls. Also channels such as MTV and discovery , TNT is not the same as Flow which is the original. wish i had Flow..
How do you hold on to someone you've never met?
Resha
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby LadyDeathDemon » 09 Jul 2013 01:46

LOL I love my cable..oh sweet flow ! My bro had direct tv and the amount of useless channels and the spanish oh my word! i just hope flow extend their services up in the country
Please Help Stop The Fighting Disease Of SPS (Skinny Pants Syndrome) Today !

Symptoms are Numbness In Legs, Irritation, Prostate Injuries and Inability to walk comfortably... Help cure this by spreading awareness to the world !
LadyDeathDemon
Hokage
Hokage

Previous

Return to Internet & the Web